Thursday, November 1, 2007

New Yorker artist gets love from Vassar


The work of Saul Steinberg, who is best known for his New Yorker covers, will be exhibited starting Friday at Vassar College's Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center on the Poughkeepsie campus.

"Saul Steinberg: Illuminations" is a retrospective of more than 100 works.

Read my preview of the show here.

It's a must-see. And it's free. (Which means I will have cash to spend on cocktails at The Artist's Palate restaurant after I hit Friday's opening.)

("I Do, I Have, I Am," 1971, The Saul Steinberg Foundation, New York.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an awesome show that need not be missed. The art museum at Vassar just keeps getting better and better.

Kathleen Murray said...

Hi Eric,

I agree. The Lehman Loeb is a real treasure. I still think it's hard for people to break that gown/town barrier though. It's unfortuntate because the curators at the museum want nothing more than for the public to check out their shows.

Spread the word.