Monday, June 25, 2007

Late to the sake party


I recently discovered that New Paltz has its own sake bar in the Cabaloosa complex. It's called Katana Sake. Katana features dry sake, unfiltered sake and sweet sake. The list of Japanese-inspired cocktails is creative and fun: Love Potion #9. Apple Sakatini, Singapore Sling, Thai Stick, Patpong Punch, Siam Squeeze and Samurai Rocks.

The Hello Kitty is made with Japanese Soju vodka, Calpico and cranberry juice.

They also advertise "Absinthe Refined." Absinthe? Wow. Is this for real?

If anyone is a fan of Katana, tell me more about it. I did find an article by Journal reporter Alice Hunt that describes the place. The photo above was taken for the story last year by Journal freelancer A.J. Soto.

See you out in New Paltz.

3 comments:

Sten said...

I've been a big fan of it for years - I'm a 'samurai on the rocks' girl.

Alice said...

Not a huge sake fan. (And yet, I'll drink a sake bomb with hibachi). But even I like the mixed drinks at the Cabs complex. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Oasis is great for sake! Try it on Friday afternoons when everything is two for one. You can go with a couple of friends, all buy multiple rounds of different types of sake...and still walk out of there spending less than $20.