Friday, June 1, 2007

A peek at my weekend plans

Saturday is an all-Kingston day for me. First, I will hit the Old Town Stockade Farmers Market and maybe breakfast at Gabriel's.

In the early evening I'm going to hop on the new Art Bus and check out some of the First Saturday openings, including Chad Hunt's war photography exhibit at the Kingston Museum of Contemporary Arts. (Pick up a copy of today's Enjoy! to read my story about Hunt and his work.)

I will end the evening at Elephant, my new favorite wine bar and restaurant on Wall Street. The husband and wife team of Rich Reeve (chef) and Maya Karrol (front of house) used to own the beloved Brady's Public House in Poughkeepsie.

On Sunday, I will participate in the henna workshop in Highland. If you can't attend, read my first-person story about it in next Friday's Poughkeepsie Journal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray Elephant. What an amazing place. All the details in the bar are hand made by artist friends of the owners, the food is amazing, and the Saturday brunch is done with lots of local ingredients from the farmer's market. As if the mimosas aren't enough to draw me in...