Monday, July 23, 2007

Elliott Smith fans, take note


"The Elliott Smith Project," a new site-specific work, will be performed in the Spiegeltent on the Bard College campus.

The music theater piece is based on the singer-songwriter's posthumously released, “From a Basement on the Hill."

I'm going to check it out on opening night (Thursday) in advance of a story I'm writing about the dramatic song cycle.

"The Elliott Smith Project," directed by Daniel Fish, is performed Thursday, Saturday and Sunday as well as Aug. 3, 4 and 5, all at 8:30 p.m.

Tickets are $25.

(Photo courtesy of Bard College and Autumn de Wilde)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So.... How was it??

Kathleen Murray said...

Actually, I'm now going to the ES show Sunday night. I attended the opening of St. Margaret's in Red Hook last night instead. Way too much art on my plate. :)