Friday, July 20, 2007

My weekend picks

If I were you this is where I'd head this weekend:

Tonight, 9 p.m., Bearsville Theater, 291 Tinker St., Woodstock



Get your groove on at the Midsummer Clubhouse Party, an underground dance party at the Bearsville Theater. Resident turntablists Lemar Soulflower and Anthony Molina will be joined by guest DJs from Boston Keith Kene and Judea Stonez.

Tickets are $10.


Saturday, 6-9 p.m., Van Brunt Gallery, 460 Main St., Beacon

For any child of the '80s, the "Pretty in Pink" album had plenty of anthem-worthy tunes, including the title track by British rock band, The Psychedelic Furs. I've been a huge fan of the Furs for years, but only saw them in concert once: Site: Opus 40; date -- summer 2000.


So I jumped at the chance to interview Cold Spring resident and lead singer Richard Butler for this week's Enjoy! Bet you didn't know he is a painter as well as a musician. Meet him at the artist's reception Saturday.




Saturday and Sunday


Rosendale Street Festival, Main Street, Rosendale, free!

These Saturday acts, all fronted by ladies, caught my eye: Sarah Perrotta, Emily Zuzik, Carla Rozman and of course, Dar Williams.

On Sunday, I can't wait to check out Bouva.

No comments: