Monday, September 17, 2007

Cheap eats update: Twisted Soul


I'm really excited about Twisted Soul, a 2-month-old eatery on the 400 block of Poughkeepsie's Main Street.

I just popped in today to pick up a menu. The place feels sleek, yet comfortable. And they have bubble tea! I will try it out later this week and report back.

Here's some of the highlights of the menu:

Dumpling Concept
Dumplings
6 pcs -- $5.95
Pork -- Cured Sausage -- Ginger, Beef -- Green Onion -- Garlic, Crab -- Corn -- Lemongrass, Tofu -- Moong Bean -- Sesame

Chef's Special Dumplings
6 pcs -- $6.45

Sauces
Sweet Chile Sauce or Sriracha Sauce

Rice Bowl Concept
$5.95
Jasmine Rice
Sauces
Thai Sweet and Sour, Thai Red Curry, Malaysian Curried Coconut, Hoisin-Peanut

Proteins $2
Grilled Chicken, Shrimp, Flavored Tofu

Empanada Concept
Authentic Argentinian Empanada
$1.75, 3 for $5, 12 for $18

Beef
Corn -- Goat Cheese, Chicken, Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onion and Portobello Mushroom

Chimichurri Sauce

Noodle Concept
$5.95
Udon Noodles
Sauces
Thai Sweet and Sour, Thai Red Curry, Malaysian Curried Coconut, Hoisin-Peanut

Proteins $2
Grilled Chicken, Shrimp, Flavored Tofu

Drink Concept
Bubble Tea
$2.75
Bubble Green Tea, Bubble Peach Green Tea, Bubble Lychee Green Tea, Bubble Milk -- Green Tea, Bubble Hibiscus Tea, Bubble Milk Hibiscus Tea

Smoothies
$3.50
Honeydew, Passion-Fruit, Coffee, Pineapple, Taro, Strawberry, Coconut

Fresh Fruit Smoothies
$3.50
Seasonal Fruits

Chef's Smoothies Infusion
$3.75

Twisted Smoothies
$4
Avocado-Banana-Mango, Carrot-Mango-Ginger, Tofu-Banana-Orange, Tofu-Mango-Orange

Twisted Soul is located at 442 Main St. Hours are Monday-Saturday, noon-8 p.m.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ate lunch there and have to say I was rather disappointed. The location was kinda sketchy and we were the only ones in there for the 30 mins it took us to eat.

Servings were fairly small but the food tasted ok. My friend said the tofu wasn't cooked very well at all.

The girl kinda botched the bubble tea (came out way too sour) but she tried it again and it came out ok (though not great). She comped it though so that was nice of her.

If you intend on going I would wait a while for her to work out the kinks. As it is I can't recommend it.

-Jon

Kathleen Murray said...

Oh man, that's not good to read Jon. I know the chef/owner was going to be out until Wednesday. Maybe things are better when he's around?

Still, not good news.

Anonymous said...

I went today; I think the place has promise. Serving size was small, but then again, the food is cheap. I had the bubble tea; I have no idea what bubble tea is supposed to taste like, but the texture was interesting, which is, I think, the appeal.

All in all, it's an interesting concept. I'll try it again.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

The area is still kinda sketchy, but so was the Artist's Palate when it first opened.
This block is slowly coming along as part of the "Main St Revitalization" and if its just a few "kinks" then by all means I'll be there to help them smooth it out.

Disclaimer: I live on the 300 block and have watched this area evolve from somewhere I'd never venture, to somewhere I'm proud to call home.

Anonymous said...

Hi!, I will be comming to NYC for the summer and I wanted to go for dinner to twisted soul, does anyone know if they have an email adress??