Thursday, September 13, 2007

A peek at my weekend plans

It's going to be a jam-packed weekend for me.

Friday night I'll have a quick bite and glass of wine at Elephant (left, photo by A.J. Soto) in Kingston before heading to the Sarah Perrotta (right) show at the Bearsville Theater.




Saturday, I'll start with coffee at the Mudd Puddle in the Water Street Market in New Paltz then join other Hudson River Valley Ramble participants at Lake Minnewaska.

Then it's back to New Paltz for supper at the Village Tearoom.

I'll end the evening in Poughkeepsie's Waryas Park, where Suzanne Vega is playing for free.

I hope she sings my favorite "Left of Center" from the "Pretty in Pink" soundtrack. Does anyone else know/love that song but me?

3 comments:

Ann Marie Woolsey said...

I'm a big fan.
Just dug up my vinyl copy of "Pretty in Pink" over the summer.
I need to find me a record player, though.

I had the opportunity to meet Suzanne in 1993 at an autograph signing at Tower Records in Boston.

She's a woman of very few words.

Kathleen Murray said...

I've got it on vinyl too! Great album.

I just heard SV's new single on WDST. I'm glad she didn't completely reinvent herself. I think I might pick up the new CD.

Ann Marie Woolsey said...

I agree. She's stayed true to her urban folk roots over the years.
I like that she's kept her bangs, too!