Friday, October 19, 2007

4 1/2 stars for Elephant


I took a deep breath after hearing the Poughkeepsie Journal's restaurant critic, Daniel Mochon, had reviewed Kingston's Elephant, my favorite place to sip and nosh.

A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Mochon knows his stuff and expects a lot from mid-Hudson Valley chefs and restauranteurs.

From his past reviews, I can conclude that bad service is his biggest bugaboo.

I am happy to report that he loved Elephant co-owner Maya Karrol's approach: "Her service was very attentive and thoughtful, with a professional poise and sense of timing that comes from years of dining room experience. With all of the small dishes, table busing becomes even more critical and Karrol did a great job keeping clutter to a minimum."

Read the full, glowing, review here.

Phew.

Now I can continue to eat there in peace.

(Poughkeepsie Journal photo by A.J. Soto)

2 comments:

Ann Marie Woolsey said...

My man and I keep saying we're going to stop in and try it (and I admit, I'm also really intrigued by their print ads).
Any entree recommendations?

Kathleen Murray said...

You really can't go wrong with anything, but I always try to get one of the specials.

As for the wine, try a vinho verde if they are offering it. Lovely.