Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Saturday mornings with Sarah Vaughan



My idea of the perfect weekend morning?

Strong coffee and a pecan danish from Bread Alone -- there are locations in Rhinebeck, Kingston and Woodstock -- as I listen to my favorite radio show: Women of Note on WKZE, 98.1 FM.

Jerrice Baptiste highlights old favorites like Sarah Vaughan and Nina Simone along with international artists like Mercedes Sosa and Chantal Goya.

Women of Note broadcasts on Saturdays from 9 to 10 a.m.

How do you spend your Saturday mornings in the Hudson Valley?

3 comments:

Barbara GF said...

I like the WKZE program, too, but I usually tune in to "Acoustic Breakfast" on WDST. The espresso pot is already dripping, and it's a great way to start the day. It helps to have some cartoons on in the background with the sound on mute!

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit this first part, but I putter around the kitchen with "Mad TV'' on my small kitchen TV set, then later listen to rebroadcast of "Wait, wait, don't tell me,'' on NPR, which is hilarious. Anything to avoid the real world for a few hours.

Unknown said...

I am going to write myself a note to listen to Woman of Note next Saturday morn on my road trip to Tivoli.