Thursday, August 2, 2007

Art in the office



Artist/curator Christopher Albert of Beacon has injected contemporary artwork into a general accounting, auditing and tax consulting practice in Poughkeepsie.

The public is invited to view his efforts tonight at Bailey Browne CPA & Associates, 80 Washington St. in Poughkeepsie.

The reception takes place between 5 and 7 p.m.

In the photo above, Peter Acheson's work was placed among the plaques and awards Deborah Bailey Browne has hanging above her desk.

Other participating artists include Simon Draper, Alexis Elton, Marnie Hillsley and Matthew S. Kinney

Chris e-mailed me the following: "I'm interested in seeing how the visitors will respond to the artwork, as it is predominantly a very non art audience. Each time I've done this with Deborah Bailey Browne, I've tried to demonstrate the variety of work being done in contemporary art, and with each installation, I've wanted to (take) a step further into the real(m) of the unexpected in terms of the office environment.

Here, I've placed some work in a traditional manner, but I've also used the work in a spare, non-frontal way in some instances."

(Photo by artist Chris Albert)

No comments: