Friday, August 17, 2007

Don't miss 'Stardust'


I went to see this witty delight of a fantasy film last weekend. I left feeling the same way I did when I first saw "The Princess Bride" at the Rosendale Theatre in 1987.

And I predict "Stardust" is going to suffer the same fate: tanking at the box office and later becoming a cult hit.

Don't wait for Netflix. See it on the big screen.

"Stardust" is playing this weekend at Destinta 12 in New Windsor, Regal Cinemas Fishkill 10, Regal Cinemas Hudson Valley Mall in Kingston and Showtime Cinemas in Newburgh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! SEE IT! Everyone clapped at the end of the movie... I like it when people clap after movies... it reminds me that we are still capable of being genuinely entertained. Same thing happened when I saw "Ratatouille". I generally prefer my fantasy on the darker side (ala Lord of the RIngs), but this was just such a well done movie with a great story (thanks to Neil Gaiman), that it is worth seeing. Don't worry about the fact that you may have never heard of the director, he does a great job.